Fresh and delicious. This might be the best guacamole EVER! Enjoy with chips or veggies or add to chicken or fish dishes!
Essential Pregnancy Nutrients:
Fiber: Avocado & Veggies
Vitamin C: Avocado, Peppers & Tomato
2 tbsp- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
¼ cup white onion, chopped
¼ cup red onion chopped
½ small jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
4-5 ripe avocados
2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1-2 tbsp fresh lime juice
about 1-2 tsp zest from lemon
about 1 tsp zest from lime
4 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Wash and chop cilantro, pepper, tomatoes, and jalapeno, if using. Chop up both onions. Set all veggies aside.
2. Slice open the next 2 avocados and remove the seeds. Slice crosswise and lengthwise to yield small chunks.
3. Add those to the large bowl and season with the rest of the lemon and lime juice and zest. Add the garlic. And salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the prepped veggies, stir until all combined, and adjust seasoning as needed (salt, pepper, garlic).
5. Store in the frig for up to 4 hours before serving.
Enjoy with any extra toppings of your choice!