Peanut Butter Chia Jam Cookies
PEANUT BUTTER & CHIA JAM COOKIES
1 cup unsalted (natural) peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup berries, frozen or fresh
Fresh lemon juice, 2-3 tsp
1 tbsp chia seeds
Servings: 8 cookies
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together all the ingredients until well combined. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and set on an ungreased cookie sheet pan 2 inches apart.
3. Using the back of a fork, press down to gently flatten cookie slightly, leaving imprints from the prongs. Repeat this step on the other side of the cookie.
4. Bake for 8 minutes and cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
5. Once cooled, take one cookie and spread about 1 tbsp jam*. Make a sandwich with another cookie and enjoy!
1. Cook 1 cup frozen (or fresh) berries and lemon juice in a medium-size pot on medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Smash berries and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
3. Take off heat and stir in chia seeds. Let cool and berries will thicken like jam.