Quick & Easy Meal with lots of nourishing ingredients. Perfect for leftover veggies too!
Essential Pregnancy Nutrients:
Fiber & B Vitamins: Quesadilla
Vitamin D & Protein: cheese
Antioxidants & Vitamin C: Veggies
1/2 cup cubed butternut squash, frozen
1/2 cup broccoli florets, frozen
1 small red onion, diced
1/2 zucchini, quartered and diced thin
2 tbsp + 1-2 tsp olive oil, separated
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup black beans (canned), drained and rinsed
2 whole-grain tortillas
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper. Mix all the veggies with olive oil, garlic powder, and chili powder (and salt and pepper to taste).
3. Place on the sheet pans and cook for about 30 minutes. Chop broccoli and squash into smaller pieces.
4. Drain and rinse a small can of black beans.
5. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 12 tsp olive oil, heat the tortilla for a few minutes Add some cheese to 1/2 the tortilla plus veg filling and black beans. Fold over and cook on the other side until cheese melts and tortilla is crisp.
Enjoy with whole milk yogurt, avocado (or guac!), and sour cream and salsa for dipping.